Outspline is a free and open-source modular outliner whose functionality can be extended with addons. The most important addon is Organism, which adds advanced time management features and turns the application into a personal organizer, perfectly suited for working with todo lists, scheduling tasks and reminding events.
- Hierarchical storage of text items.
- Each item can be associated with multiple event rules, supporting events or tasks with complex recurrences.
- Times can be set in either local or UTC time.
- Highlight unallocated time or overlapping events.
- Schedule views can be exported to plain text for usage on other devices.
- Tray icon and notifications for alarms.
- Clean interface based on tiling and tabbing rather than floating dialogs. Possibility to set the menu bar to autohide.
- Extensive keyboard access with fully configurable global and contextual shortcuts.
- Highly customizable through a single plain-text configuration file.
- Addons can be enabled or disabled as needed.
- Take a look at some screenshots.
- Read the installation instructions.
- Follow the feature tour to take the first steps.
- Star and watch the project on GitHub and SourceForge.
- Browse the wiki for more useful information.
- Ask a question or share your thoughts in one of the various support channels, like the forum or the mailing list.
- See some ideas for contributing.
- Report bugs or request new features.
- Finally, some due acknowledgements.
Latest release: 0.8.3 (2016-01-06)